I spoke with Sterling Donalson on the phone this morning and he’s asked me to pass along the following information:
- While the facility was a complete, everyone is okay.
- He will be opening back up and this is just a setback. He was able to to pull a trailer away from the warehouse that had one of every model of his boats on it and will be rebuilding all the molds. In fact, They have a container of boats that are being shipped overseas today
- The “progression” was a complete loss and they are starting from scratch recreating this boat. However, Sterling had a mind like a steel trap and recalls every aspect of the design.
- He wants to thank the paddling community for it’s unbelievable outreach and support.
- One of his builders, Mark Boyd from California has dedicated a full month to him and in en route and will be setting up camp to help him rebuild, effective immediately. They plan and getting back on the horse and overcoming this obstacle.