ELIGIBILITY: The Survey Drawing is open only to persons 18 years of age or older as of 05/31/13.
Employees of the sponsors, prize suppliers, , subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and employees' household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Survey Drawing.
TIMING: The Survey Drawing ends at 5:00 PM on 05/31/13.
HOW TO ENTER: Limit, one entry per person/email address. Duplicate entries will be deleted. To enter, fully complete the electronic web form (all required information/fields must be fully and accurately completed) through the link below.
1. PRIZES, GENERAL:
A Gemini Kayak ST or SP from Valley Sea Kayaks - http://www.valleyseakayaks.com
The sponsor provides no warranties regarding the prize item and is awarding the prize item on an as-is basis except for any standard written manufacturer warranty statement that may be provided with the prize item. The prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution for cash or other items may be made. Prize recipient is responsible for picking up prize at a Valley Sea Kayaks Dealer and the kayak’s color and model is dependant upon the inventory.
2. RANDOM SURVEY DRAWING: On or about 06/15/13, the winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received. This Survey Drawing is conducted by the Publisher of Sea Kayaker magazine, whose decisions on all matters related to this Survey Drawing shall be final and binding. Participants selected as potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail within about 15 days of the Survey Drawing. The official paperwork will be sent via the US Postal Service and must be returned within 15 days of the notification postmark. The winner must return a Delivery Confirmation with the following documents: the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (correctly completed and executed by winner). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case the prize will be awarded to an alternate participant selected by random Drawing.
4. RELEASE: By participating in the Survey Drawing and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release, and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Prize Supplier, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies' officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Survey Drawing, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Survey Drawing prize, and/or participation in a Survey Drawing prize-related activity. By participating in the Survey Drawing and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor and the Prize Supplier the right to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a participant's/winner's first name and beginning initial of their last name and entry form information, to interview, audio tape, photograph, and video a winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, or display a winner's statements, quotations, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, biographical information, prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor/Prize Supplier) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all with out additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due, or misdirected; b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Survey Drawing, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner, or the distribution/awarding of the prize; c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Survey Drawing. In the event that the Survey Drawing is infected by a computer virus/worm or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of the Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Survey Drawing, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Survey Drawing. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website mentioned above, and a winner will be determined solely by Sponsor in a random Drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
6. LAWS: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted.
By clicking, I have read and agree to the Official 2013 Reader Survey Drawing Rules.